GRANT WRITER CONTRACT POSITION
Posted: May 27, 2022
Open until filled
Tiny Kingdom is seeking a part time WFH contractor to assist with grant writing. Experience with the Canadian music grant system is an asset but not mandatory, as we will provide training and guidance. Knowledge and understanding of the music industry in general, and the release and marketing of recordings however is necessary. Grants may include Creative BC, FACTOR, Canada Council for the Arts, Radio Starmaker, and others as required.
· Strong efficiency with excel spreadsheets
· Strong attention to detail and English editing and grammar
· Access to and understanding of basic design software (inDesign or PhotoShop) a plus
· Polite and efficient written and verbal communication skills
· Collecting required information from clients and communicating what is needed further
· Building applications, which could include specific questionnaires, marketing plans, and asset materials (all templates will be provided by, and reviewed/assisted with by Tiny Kingdom)
· Being able to add basic graphic design elements to documents is a strong asset
· Organizing final reports, including processing receipts and completing spreadsheets
· Assisting clients with ensuring they are following grant guidelines and requirements
· Staying on top of all related deadlines
Contractor will be paid $20/hr, and will be responsible for tracking their hours and invoicing Tiny Kingdom for work completed. Schedule and availability of work will vary depending on grant deadlines and demand.
Contractor will work from their own computer, but will be provided with a work email that all related communications should be handled from, and access to the company Dropbox and Google Drive, where any significant work will be saved regularly as a form of backup.
Contractor agrees to keep any company or related artist information, including access passwords, documents and templates, financial or personal information, completely confidential during and in perpetuity after the contract period.
Both Tiny Kingdom and contractor agree to abide by the Canadian Creative Industries Code of Conduct, committing to safe and respectful behaviour both within the company and without. If at any time these standards are breeched it will be brought up and discussed, and if deemed serious enough may be grounds to terminate the contract.
Please send your resume, and a personalized email introduction to email@example.com. We appreciate everyone’s interest but will only contact those selected for further conversations.
Tiny Kingdom is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from those who have been systemically underrepresented in the music industry.